WPPI 2020 will be held from February 24 – 27, 2020 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The Speaker Proposals submission deadline is MAY 1, 2019.
New York – March 28, 2019 – WPPI continues to be one of the most anticipated events in the photo industry, and the most comprehensive and effective way to learn the latest skills and techniques from renowned industry experts and educators. The 2020 lineup of classes will cover every aspect of photography and how to run a successful photography business.
We’re looking for experienced speakers within these 11 educational tracks:
- Business and Marketing
- Lighting and Posing
- Maternity and Newborn
- Post-Production and Workflow
To be considered as a speaker, your submission must demonstrate the following:
- Compelling and relevant educational content
- Engaging content that will hold the attendees attention for the duration of the session
- Provide relevant tips and takeaways for the attendees to leave and apply to their workflow and business
- Refrain from hard selling products or services during your session
- Session titles must sum up the session description and the presentation must match that description. We cannot stress this enough!
Need to Know Information:
- You must be the copyright holder of all photos, videos and intellectual property that you use as your own. Exceptions are made for examples you may be comparing if they are stated as examples and the photographer/s is credited.
- Keep it simple! Attendees don’t have a lot of time to read. Keep your session description to 1000 characters including spaces. We find attendees respond well to bullet points and short direct titles.
- Refrain from adding quotes or dashes in your titles and descriptions
- We are looking for hands-on and interactive sessions.
- Please refrain from using the ability level “All”. We are looking for specific levels such as beginner, intermediate and advanced. Only a small amount of “All” designated classes will be chosen.
- If you are suggesting a panel discussion, please list the panelists (no more than 4 per seminar) who will be participating including a moderator if different from yourself.
- First Time Speakers: Please note that you'll need to include a video (no more than 3 minutes) telling us about yourself and what you would like to teach.
- Filmmaking – 90 min. Lecture style
- Plus Class – 6-hour hands-on workshop (You will not have to leave the room if you choose not to)
- Master Class – 2-hour hands-on and interactive for the more advanced attendee
- Platform – 90 min Lecture Style and is educational. Should not be inspirational only
- Photo Walk – 90 min of shooting on location. Speaker MUST take attendees out of the Mandalay Bay away from the building on a walk not to exceed 10 blocks. Once your Photo Walk is chosen, we can send a list of some locations speakers have used in the past.
Who is the WPPI Attendee?
Nearly half of our attendees are women (43% Women 56% Men), 52% of the audience are ages 31- 50, 60% are full or part time professional photographers and 69% have been a professional photographer for more than 6 years.
Primary Areas of Photography
Wedding and portraiture continue to be the highest, however we have seen a slight increase in the categories of events (non-wedding), advertising / commercial / corporate, outdoor photography (nature, landscape, wildlife), fashion / beauty / boudoir, and filmmaking / video / cinema / documentary.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 1, 2019
APPLY ONLINE »
Have questions? Send an email to email@example.com