The Premier Industry Event for Wedding & Portrait Photographers
The annual WPPI Conference + Expo specializes in the creative and business aspects of wedding and portrait photography and filmmaking. Each year, thousands of professional and aspiring photographers and filmmakers attend WPPI to network, learn new techniques from industry leaders, build new relationships to grow their business, experience new products, gear, and solutions from the world’s top photo suppliers, improve their productivity, and enjoy the many attractions in Las Vegas. The 2018 WPPI Conference + Expo will take place at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV. The conference will run February 24-28, with the Expo February 26-28.
- Thanks to our good friends at AcrylicPress, we will now be awarding trophies for first, second and third places for the members-only Second Half competition for all 22 categories. If you came in first, second or third in the First Half competition, we will be contacting you soon to make arrangements to ship them to you.
- Judges for the Second Half competition have been announced: Susan Stripling, David A. Williams, Dina Douglass, Tony Hewitt, Christian Lalonde, Salvatore Dimino, Johnson Wee, and Joseph Victor Stefanchik (JVS)
- Did you know at WPPI 2017 we had 30+ Business and Marketing Sessions? In 2018 we will have even MORE Business & Marketing classes with instructors who are the leaders in their field.
- We are adding Levels for all classes so you will be able to choose the most appropriate session for your skill level.
- We are reducing the Photo Walk class size to 20 — so now you can get in there and really learn!
- New Speakers? You bet — there will be new instructors who are working photographers with new content along with your favorites!
- You want to see the full program listed when registration opens? Done! All classes will be planned and ready for you to view on the day registration opens.
- NEW! WPPI POP LIVE – WPPI teams up with the editors of Rangefinder to look at photographers using the “power of print” to expand their businesses. Learn more.
- #WPPIShoots Is Back – Sponsored by B&H, #WPPIShoots is an opportunity to try out the latest photo & video equipment for free, and build your portfolio with live models and shooting bays. Learn more.
- The conference portion of WPPI will be addressing the latest trends in wedding/portrait photography with programming focused on Newborn Photography, Photo Booths, Filmmaking, School/Sports Photography, and more to be announced. Learn more.
WPPI is a week-long event combining educational seminars with a major industry trade show and networking events, all designed around learning the latest techniques, building new relationships and growing a business in a friendly, fun environment – all at one time, in one place.
At WPPI, you will:
- Learn superior technical skills and new shooting styles
- Build new relationships to grow your business
- Experience new products, photo gear, and solutions from major manufacturers
- Discover competitive and affordable ways to grow your business
- Meet some of the world’s finest photographic instructors
- Make an investment in yourself and your future
Network With Fellow Professional Photographers at our Special Events
Not only does WPPI feature a robust education schedule and an expansive expo show floor, it offers a full schedule of special networking events, including:
- Live Print, Album & Filmmaking Judging
- The Honors of Excellence Award Ceremony
- Fun Run
- WPPI After Hours events every night at the hottest nightclubs in Las Vegas